Are you fit for purpose? Are you prepared for the calling that is on Your life? Well, not to worry. Although God allows us to see bits and pieces regarding our destiny or calling, He never reveals the processes involved in arriving at the designated place. Sometimes processing can feel like you are “Jason and the Argonauts” and you have to past the 12 test of character to acquire the golden egg… or was it a golden fleece? I don’t really remember. You can think of any treasure hunt movie where the hero is trying to acquire an ancient artifact and there are sure to be some riddles, puzzling problems, test of character, and some dicey villain trying to derail you or prevent you from succeeding on your mission. This is certainly how we may feel sometimes on our journey to purpose. There are important reasons why God takes us through processing. In this week’s podcast we discuss the importance of going through and being a willing participant in the process.
God uses our circumstances to make us fit for our purpose and calling. Don’t quit! It’s during this time that you are pressured the most to acquiesce to the desires of the flesh, a desire for relief, relief that aborts the process. Endure! Your destiny is at stake and so are the lives of those that you are destined to influence. Remember in Luke 9:62, Jesus said, No man having put his hands to the plow and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Like the process in preparing fish for service, we, citizens of the kingdom, being made fit for service, must remember that it is a necessary process for kingdom service. We must be clean inside out so that we do not contaminate others in our service. Our defensive mechanisms must be removed so that we do not become trapped by offenses. We must lose our heads -our thoughts and will- for the headship or the will of Christ.
- Be engaged in the process and resist the desire to hang on to the order of our old environment. By engaging in the process, we ensure that others will ultimately feast on the gift that we have to offer.
- The more time we spend fighting against the process required to thrive in our new kingdom environment the longer the process will take.
- Luke 9: 62
- Luke 17:2
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-17
- 2 Corinthians 6:1-10
If you would like to subscribe to Words that Matter, CLICK HERE
If you missed the last podcast, Grace for the Journey , CLICK HERE
After you listen to the podcast, I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s podcast.
- In what way is God making you fit for purpose and service?
- What (or Who) is your chief struggle during the process?
- What insight or revelation has God given You through your process of being made fit for purpose?
Pingback: #009 Distraction of “Good Works” Part 1 | Words that Matter
Pingback: #010 Distraction of “Good Works” Part 2 | Words that Matter
Thanks for the reminder about the process.
You are more than welcome.